Here's our secret recipe. This serves two adults, and it takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
- About a pound of boneless chicken breast. Splurge and get the good stuff from Whole Foods. You don't have to justify it.
- Bread crumbs. We prefer them without high fructose corn syrup.
- Honey mustard dressing. Ranch will do too, though the honey mustard gives the dish a little bit of tang.
- Slice the chicken into bite-size strips.
- Pour some dressing onto a small plate. Do the same with the bread crumbs.
- Dip each strip into the dressing. Then roll them in the crumbs.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place each strip on a pizza pan, as seen here. Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Add green beans or other colorful vegetable.
- Cornbread or other bread completes the meal.
- The chicken is tasty as is, especially if you used honey mustard dressing. You may certainly add ketchup, salsa or another condiment.
- Wash it down with your favorite red wine.
- Enjoy a martini.